WHO I AM
Yuting Chen is a cross-disciplinary designer with an architectural and interactive design background in China. She is interested in narrative design and soft robotics.
She completed her studies at Nanjing University of Science and Technology (BA), Columbia University (Architecture Program Exchange), and Kings College London (Media, Art and Culture Summer Program). She is currently pursuing her master degree at The Bartlett School of Architecture UCL, Interactive Architecture Lab.
She has worked in architectural studios in both Shanghai and Nanjing, served as a curator intern in Deji Art Museum.
- University College London
09/ 2019 - 12/ 2021
Master in Architecture Department, Design for Performance and Interaction
- Nanjing University of Science and Technology
09/ 2015 - 06/ 2019
B.A in Environmental Design
· GPA 3.8 School Special Scholarship, School First Scholarship
· 2 published essays：
Yuting Chen. Inheritance and Design of Architectural Decoration Culture in Nanjing Republic of China[J]. Furniture and interiors. 2018
Ying Cao, Yuting Chen. Study on the Inheritance Design System of Traditional Architectural Decoration Culture Genes in Sunan[J].Design, 2018（19）
- Columbia University in the city of New York
09/ 2017 - 01/ 2018
Exchange Program, Architecture Department
· Completed 4 core courses and 2 essays.
· Design work presented in the 2017 Year show
- Participated Designer and Projects Manager at Tate Britain
· Worked as a participated designer and projects manager in ‘Late at Tate Britain Bauhaus Recoded Event’ for Interactive Architecture Lab.
- Architecture Intern
01/2019 - 03/2019
· Participated in Project planning for OFF-ESC pop-up series exhibition （Site Research /3D Modelling/ Physical Modelling/ 2D Drawings/ Renders ) and drawing a detailed construction plan (completed with construction designer).
· Participated in the design of the Dolphin Children’s Bookstore project (Site Research/ Manage client needs and communicate with the design team / 3D Modelling / Physical Modelling /2D Drawings/ Renders). The project finally landed in Wuhan.
- Exhibition Design and Research Intern
10/2018 - 12/2018
· Participated in curating exhibition affairs since early stage for Physics of Chenqi, including designing the size of the 8-sided exhibition wall in the exhibition area of 1200 square meters, according to the specific requirements of the curator's concept map.
· Organised public education activities and served as the primary speaker.
- Architecture Intern
06/2017 - 08/2017
· Participated in design team responsible of Taihu New City Neighbourhood Center, China, construction starting 2017.
· Contributed to designing renewed commercial planning, commercial block design and scheming ceiling details in the complex (3D Modelling/ Physical Modelling/ 2D Drawings/ Renders).
· Organised Brochures for the clients (3D Modelling/ 2D Drawings/ Renders)
- Computer Programing：
Maya/ Keyshot/Cinema 4D
Adobe Station (Photoshop / Illustrator / In-design / Adobe Acrobat/ Premiere / Flash)
Runway Machine learning
Mandarin Chinese (Native)/ English（Fluent）